Free shipping on orders over 49€

    Villa Maria Reserve Pinot Noir

    Bottle size:
    Tax included

    • Marlborough / New Zeland
    • Villa Maria
    • Red
    • Generic
    • Pinot Noir
    • 13,5%


    Fruit set in the cool spring was lower than usual, resulting in the development of small, open clusters with small, tasty berries. From January onwards, Marlborough experienced the summer of the century, long and dry, with moderately cool nights providing the perfect environment to ensure physiological and gustatory ripeness while retaining freshness. In 2019, 73% of the Pinot Noir fruit came from two vineyards with deep clay-based soils in the Wairau Valley, Rutherford and Cowley are in the sheltered north-facing Ben Morven Valley. The remaining 27% came from the cooler Awatere Valley, both with loamy loess soils on the south bank of the Awatere River. Ageing: 35% new French barrels and 65% used barrels. 14 months in French oak followed by 4 months in stainless steel tanks. Contains sulphites.