Free shipping on orders over 49€

    Doña Paula Estate Malbec

    2022 vegano
    Bottle size:
    €11.36
    Tax included

    • Valle del Uco - Argentina
    • Doña Paiula
    • Red
    • Generic
    • 14,5%

    Description

    90% of the grapes come from our best vineyards located in Finca Alluvia, in Gualtallary (1.350 m.a.s.l.), with stony soils and the remaining 10% from Finca Los Indios, in El Cepillo (1.100 m.a.s.l.), with sandy loam soils, and both with high calcareous content. Doña Paula Estate Malbec shows unique characteristics of the Uco Valley, a terroir with a cold climate. The thermal amplitude is 16 °C in Los Indios, and 12.5 °C in Alluvia; the average annual rainfall is 280 mm in El Cepillo, and 300 mm in Gualtallary. Planted with a trellis training system, it has an average yield of 8 tons per hectare. Irrigation is drip irrigation. At Doña Paula we have always managed our vineyards with sustainable agriculture practices. The grapes are harvested by hand in the first week of April. Destemming is gentle, without breaking the berries. A cold pre-fermentation maceration is carried out to preserve the primary aromas. The wine is then fermented at low temperatures and undergoes a post-fermentation maceration of 15 to 20 days. The wine is aged in first, second and third use French oak barrels for 12 months.  It contains sulphites.